Spring is finally here! I live on the dry side of Washington state, but we’re getting a lot of rain up here in the Pacific Northwest. You know what they say: April showers bring May flowers. I expect we’ll have a lot of flowers next month.
How about some flowers that won’t ever die? There are so many things you can do with crocheted flowers, from making bouquets to adding them to hats. There are also a lot of free flower patterns out there. I gathered up 9 of my favorites to share with you.
- I absolutely love the texture of this popcorn stitch flower by B. Hooked. The color is one of my favorites too.
- B. Hooked also has these wagon wheel crochet flowers. They’d look great on pretty much any hat.
- Any time I think of flowers for Mother’s Day, I think of carnations. This carnation pattern by PlanetJune is simple and beautiful.
- This crocodile stitch double layered flower by Bonita Patterns is so elegant. There’s also a pattern for a hat that you can put it on.
- Want to cover yourself in a layer of flowers? The Whoot has instructions to make these adorable puff stitch flowers, along with instructions to turn them into a blanket.
- For something a little bit different, you can find the pattern for these crochet pansies on Cut Out and Keep.
- Sometimes simple really is better. There are so many things you could do with these simple flowers from Hello Yellow Yarn.
- You can’t go wrong with a bouquet of roses, right? This rose pattern by Skip to my Lou is really simple, but looks so pretty.
- Daisies are my favorite flower (I even have a dog named Daisy) and these summer daisies by Just Pootling are really pretty. She turned hers into a garland, which I think would look so pretty above the headboard of my bed.
There are a lot of free flower patterns out there, but these ones are good to start with. Want an idea of what to do with all of those flowers? Go check out my post where I talk about this bouquet that I made. (I even used one or two of these patterns for the flowers.)
I hope you found some flowers that you’d like to make. Do you have a favorite flower pattern that you use a lot? Go post the link on my Facebook page and share it with me. Happy spring!!
1 thought on “9 Free Crochet Flower Patterns”
The puff stitch flower is soooooo cute.