With the increase in farmer’s markets and the increasing awareness of how bad plastic bags are for our environment, market bags are all the rage lately. You can buy reusable bags at every store you go to, but it’s so great having a nice market bag to put your fresh produce in. I personally plan to make a couple of them for me to take out to my garden when I go out to harvest my veggies.
The weather is also getting nicer, with hotter temperatures and longer days. I wanted to find some crochet bag patterns that would work for the market, for the park for a picnic, or for a day at the beach. There are a lot of free bag patterns out there, but I picked my 6 favorites to share with you.
- This Lacy V Shopping Bag by Cathy Phillips has beautiful textures and patterns. You can find this pattern free on Ravelry.
- Dabbles and Babbles has designed this gorgeous crochet beach tote bag pattern, and I love the bright colors.
- This easy beach bag on Girlie’s Crochet looks delicate and sturdy all at the same time.
- The Stitchin’ Mommy’s summer fun market or beach tote is quick to work up and looks great.
- The Milo crochet market bag by Rescued Paws Designs is made with a double layer of tape yarn that makes it extra sturdy, while the pattern keeps it looking pretty.
- Valerie’s Market Tote by The Lavender Chair would be the perfect bag to throw a towel, some sunblock, sunglasses and a book into when you head off to the beach.
I hope you find a pattern here that will work for you. I’ll definitely be using a few of these patterns in the next couple of weeks. Do you have a favorite crochet bag pattern that you use? Head on over to Facebook and tell me about it!