It’s July, which means it’s time to get started making your Christmas crafts. Christmas is my favorite holiday, and despite the fact that I have tons of Christmas decorations, I add to it every year. My favorite ones are the ones I’ve made myself. I always feels so rushed at Christmas time, though, trying to get all of my handmade gifts done, plus any decorations made that I’ve decided I can’t live without. July is such a great time to get started on these things if you want to avoid the rush and enjoy your holidays.
So I scoured Pinterest to find my favorite 9 free patterns for Christmas decor. Check these out, and maybe give one or two of them a try. I know I will be!
- This cuddly Christmas tree by Repeat Crafter Me is so adorable. It would make a great throw pillow to cuddle on the couch with during the holidays.
- Eventually I want to make stockings for all 12 of us, and there are so many great free stocking patterns out there. This Holly and Berry Stocking pattern can be found over on Red Heart’s website, and it would be easy to customize for different people.
- I am definitely making these Christmas trees by Airali Design, which is a free download on Ravelry. Aren’t they so cute?
- This Christmas tree skirt is another free download by Smoothfox on Ravelry. It’s a fairly simple design that you could make in colors to match your decor.
- I love the idea of a tree decorated in all handmade ornaments. These Christmas Baubles are so pretty, and they’re a free Ravelry download designed by Carmen Heffernan.
- Speaking of ornaments, The Cookie Snob used ornament patterns from many different designers to create this beautiful advent calendar. You can find the links to each of these little ornaments on her page.
- Want a gingerbread house that you won’t be tempted to eat? How about crocheting one? I love the colors on this one on crochet-news website.
- Crocheted blankets can take some time, so if you want a nice Christmas-themed one, July is a good time to start on it. This Snowflakes and Ribbons Throw by Katherine Eng is gorgeous, and would be so comfy to cuddle under while you watch Christmas movies and sip on some hot cocoa.
- Your Christmas decorating isn’t complete without a cute wreath for your door. This Christmas Wreath is another fun pattern by Repeat Crafter Me.
I hope you find something fun to make for Christmas this year. Do you have a pattern that you plan to make, or have made, that you’d like to share? Go tell me about it on my Facebook page. I’m always looking for new Christmas decor to make for our house.