In honor of Unicorn Week, I decided to do a post to help you turn any room into a unicorn paradise. As a little girl, I was absolutely obsessed with unicorns. I would have loved a room decorated to look like a fairytale. With a little DIY, you could turn your daughter’s room (or yours!) into a room fit for a princess.
I spent some time on Pinterest today looking at things that I would totally make for my bedroom if I could go back and decorate it when I was a kid. Ok, ok, maybe I’m still considering decorating my adult bedroom this way. There’s nothing wrong with that, right? So check out these cool ideas I found!
- How about an ombre wall? I think this would look so pretty in multiple pastel colors, like a rainbow on your walls. Behr Paint shows you exactly how to do it.
- I love the idea of these pom-poms in the corner of a room. I think I’d make mine out of yarn, though, since I have so much of it here already. Sami Says Ag has this great post with a lot of pictures of her daughter Sami’s new pastel bedroom. You have to go check it out!
- This unicorn wreath is absolutely beautiful. Imagine decorating it with pom-poms to match the ones you made for the corner? Brit+Co gives step-by-step instructions on how to make it.
- I love this unicorn rug. It looks so soft and cozy. Hello Giggles has a video that shows you how to make your own.
- Want to decorate the wall with your child’s name? Why not turn the letters into unicorns? If you don’t want to make your own, Liam Sloane Design makes and sells them on Etsy.
- This gorgeous unicorn is actually a hair bow holder. I saw a few people who made their own on Pinterest, or you could purchase this beautiful one already made for you from The Faraway Tree GB on Etsy.
- You can’t have a princess room without a pretty canopy to hang out under. Whether it’s over a bed, or in a corner with pillows under it for a reading spot, Adventures in Pinteresting tells you how to make it with a hula hoop, fabric and lights.
- I’ve always loved dream catchers, but this unicorn dream catcher is beautiful. I may need to make some for my bedroom. Hello, Wonderful tells you how to make your own.
I hope this gave you some ideas. Don’t forget to check out my post about making unicorn ornaments, and see how I made this mobile for my niece.
And if you want a giant unicorn to set on the bed in your unicorn bedroom, go check out my pattern for Sir Sprinkles the Giant Unicorn. It’s only $3.00 on Ravelry.
Have you seen any other cool unicorn decor ideas? Leave me a comment here or on Facebook and tell me about it!